Help Highly Sensitive Kids. Find support for kids that cry and meltdown easily.
In this episode, we are joined by Melissa Schwartz. By her mother’s admission, Melissa was born an intense, sensitive, empathic, power seeker. She has honed the gift of her sensitivity, developing the ability to decode misbehaviour and give a voice to the legitimate needs of children.
A speaker, author and parenting coach, Melissa is a Stanford University alumna, and a leading expert in the field of Highly Sensitive Children who brings clarity, personal experience and compassion for parents raising Highly Sensitive Children so they can thrive in a de-sensitized world. What I love about her is her unique ability to articulate the inner world of high-spirited kids and her ability to get in the trenches with parents, giving us step-by-step strategies to eliminate power struggles and inspire kindness, cooperation and self-discipline.
In this episode, we talk about :
1. Why Sensitivity isn’t viewed by the psychological community as a disorder.
2. What are the traits of a highly sensitive child, what should we be on the lookout for?
3. Why highly sensitive people are more cautious.
4. How our approach to parenting a highly sensitive child impacts their self-esteem, confidence and self-worth.
5. How we can cope as parents f highly sensitive kids.